SOUTH CENTRAL TEXAS REGIONAL WATER PLANNING GROUP
Region L Purpose
The purpose of the South Central Texas Regional Water Planning Group (SCTRWPG), Region L, is to provide comprehensive regional water planning and to carry out the related responsibilities placed on regional water planning groups by state law. Foremost among those responsibilities is the development of a regional water plan for the planning area. The plan identifies both short and long-term water supply needs and recommends water management strategies for addressing them. The plan is updated every five years.
The SCTRWPG is composed of planning group members representing various interest groups. It is guided by the Texas Water Development Board, led by an Executive Committee, governed by by-laws, and supported by the San Antonio River Authority and a team of technical consultants. Planning group meetings are held on a quarterly basis.
Region L Counties
The South Central Texas Regional Water Planning Area, Region L, consists of Atascosa, Bexar, Caldwell, Calhoun, Comal, DeWitt, Dimmit, Frio, Goliad, Gonzales, Guadalupe, Karnes, Kendall, La Salle, Medina, Refugio, Uvalde, Victoria, Wilson, Zavala, and part of Hays Counties.
Current Public Notice
NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING OF THE SOUTH CENTRAL TEXAS REGIONAL WATER PLANNING GROUP
TAKE NOTICE that a meeting of the South Central Texas Regional Water Planning Group as established by the Texas Water Development Board will be held on Thursday, November 5, 2020, at 9:30 AM virtually on GotoMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/724451517. You may also dial into the meeting on your phone at +1 (872) 240-3212, access code: 724-451-517.
- (9:30 AM) Roll-Call
- Public Comment
- Recognition for Retirement for Suzanne Scott, General Manager of the San Antonio River Authority, for her Years of Service on the Region L Planning Group
- Election of Officers for the 2021 SCTRWPG Executive Committee
- Discussion and Appropriate Action Regarding River Authority Representatives for the Region L Planning Group
- Discussion and Appropriate Action Regarding Region L Representatives for the Interregional Planning Council
- Approval of the Minutes from the September 3, 2020 Meeting of the South Central Texas Regional Water Planning Group (SCTRWPG)
- Status of Edwards Aquifer Habitat Conservation Plan (EAHCP), Scott Storment
- Status of Guadalupe, San Antonio, Mission, and Aransas Rivers and Mission, Copano, Aransas, and San Antonio Bays Basin and Bay Stakeholder Committee (BBASC) and Expert Science Team ( BBEST)
- Texas Water Development Board (TWDB) Communications
- Chair’s Report
- Consultant Status Report on the Submission of the Adopted 2021 Regional Water Plan
- Discussion and Appropriate Action to Designate a Political Subdivision to Administer the SCTRWPG for the 6th Cycle of Regional Water Planning
- Discussion and Appropriate Action Authorizing the Administrator to Negotiate and Execute Interlocal Agreement for Funding Region L Administrative Costs for calendar years 2021 – 2026
- Discussion and Appropriate Action Authorizing the Administrator to Provide Public Notice, Submit a Grant Application to the TWDB, and Execute a Contract with the TWDB on Behalf of the SCTRWPG for Funding to Complete the Sixth Cycle of Regional Water Planning
- Discussion and Appropriate Action Authorizing the Administrator to Issue a Request for Proposal to Procure Professional Services for the Sixth Cycle of Regional Water Planning
- Discussion and Appropriate Action to Authorize Region L Political Subdivision to Provide Public Notice and Hold a Pre-Planning Meeting to Obtain Public Input on Development of the 2026 Regional Water Plan and 2027 State Plan
- Discussion and Appropriate Action Regarding Regional Liaison Nominations for Regions N, J, K, M, and P
- Set a SCTRWPG Meeting Schedule for Calendar Year 2021
- Potential Agenda Items for Next Meeting
- Status of Region 12, Regional Flood Planning Group
- Public Comment