SOUTH CENTRAL TEXAS REGIONAL WATER PLANNING GROUP
Region L Purpose
The purpose of the South Central Texas Regional Water Planning Group (SCTRWPG), Region L, is to provide comprehensive regional water planning and to carry out the related responsibilities placed on regional water planning groups by state law. Foremost among those responsibilities is the development of a regional water plan for the planning area. The plan identifies both short and long-term water supply needs and recommends water management strategies for addressing them. The plan is updated every five years.
The SCTRWPG is composed of planning group members representing various interest groups. It is guided by the Texas Water Development Board, led by an Executive Committee, governed by by-laws, and supported by the San Antonio River Authority and a team of technical consultants. Planning group meetings are held on a quarterly basis.
Region L Counties
The South Central Texas Regional Water Planning Area, Region L, consists of Atascosa, Bexar, Caldwell, Calhoun, Comal, DeWitt, Dimmit, Frio, Goliad, Gonzales, Guadalupe, Karnes, Kendall, La Salle, Medina, Refugio, Uvalde, Victoria, Wilson, Zavala, and part of Hays Counties.
NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING OF THE
SOUTH CENTRAL TEXAS REGIONAL
WATER PLANNING GROUP
TAKE NOTICE that a meeting of the South Central Texas Regional Water Planning Group as established
by the Texas Water Development Board will be held on Thursday, July 30, 2020, at 9:30 AM virtually on GotoMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/291558957. You may also dial into the meeting
on your phone at +1 (669) 224-3412, access code: 291-558-957.
1. (9:30 AM) Roll-Call
2. Public Comment
3. Approval of the Minutes from the February 20, 2020 Meeting of the South Central Texas Regional Water
Planning Group (SCTRWPG)
4. Remarks from Texas Water Development Boa Krda thDleierne cJtaocrk, son
5. Status of Edwards Aquifer Habitat Conservation Plan (EAHCP), Scott Storment
6. Status of Guadalupe, San Antonio, Mission, and Aransas Rivers and Mission, Copano, Aransas, and San Antonio
Bays Basin and Bay Stakeholder Committee (BBASC) and Expert Science Team (BBEST)
7. Texas Water Development Board (TWDB) Communications
8. Chair’s Report
9. Discussion and Appropriate Action Regarding the Consultant’s Work and Schedule
10. Presentation of Region L Budget Current Status
11. Discussion and Appropriate Action Regarding Comments Received to Date on the 2021 Region L IPP
12. Presentation of Infastructure Financing Survey, Chapter 9
13. Presentation of Implementation Survey, Chapter 11
14. Discussion and Appropriate Action Regarding Project Prioritization and Approach
15.Discussion and Appropriate Action Regarding Regional Liaisons Including Roles and Responsibilities and Nominations for Regions N, J, K, M, and P
16. Discussion and Appropriate Action Regarding Planning Members Bylaws Violation
17. Possible Agenda Items for the Next Region L Meeting
18. Public Comment