SOUTH CENTRAL TEXAS REGIONAL WATER PLANNING GROUP
Region L Purpose
The purpose of the South Central Texas Regional Water Planning Group (SCTRWPG), Region L, is to provide comprehensive regional water planning and to carry out the related responsibilities placed on regional water planning groups by state law. Foremost among those responsibilities is the development of a regional water plan for the planning area. The plan identifies both short and long-term water supply needs and recommends water management strategies for addressing them. The plan is updated every five years.
The SCTRWPG is composed of planning group members representing various interest groups. It is guided by the Texas Water Development Board, led by an Executive Committee, governed by by-laws, and supported by the San Antonio River Authority and a team of technical consultants. Planning group meetings are held on a quarterly basis.
Region L Counties
The South Central Texas Regional Water Planning Area, Region L, consists of Atascosa, Bexar, Caldwell, Calhoun, Comal, DeWitt, Dimmit, Frio, Goliad, Gonzales, Guadalupe, Karnes, Kendall, La Salle, Medina, Refugio, Uvalde, Victoria, Wilson, Zavala, and part of Hays Counties.
TAKE NOTICE that a meeting of the Staff Workgroup, as established by the South Central Texas Regional Water Planning Group (SCTRWPG), will be held on Thursday, April 18, 2019, at 10:00 AM at San Antonio River Authority, 100 East Guenther Street, San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas, 78204. The following subjects will be considered for discussion and/or action at said meeting.
- Review and Discuss Consultant’s Work and Schedule on the Following Topics
- Discussion Regarding Chapter 8 Policy Recommendations from the Planning Group
- Block 1 Water Management Strategy Review
- Review Scope and Fee Estimates for Block 3 Water Management Strategies
- Review and Discuss the Region L Agenda for May 2, 2019
- Any Additional Items for Discussion in Preparation for the May 2, 2019, Meeting of the SCTRWPG