SOUTH CENTRAL TEXAS REGIONAL WATER PLANNING GROUP
Region L Purpose
The purpose of the South Central Texas Regional Water Planning Group (SCTRWPG), Region L, is to provide comprehensive regional water planning and to carry out the related responsibilities placed on regional water planning groups by state law. Foremost among those responsibilities is the development of a regional water plan for the planning area. The plan identifies both short and long-term water supply needs and recommends water management strategies for addressing them. The plan is updated every five years.
The SCTRWPG is composed of planning group members representing various interest groups. It is guided by the Texas Water Development Board, led by an Executive Committee, governed by by-laws, and supported by the San Antonio River Authority and a team of technical consultants. Planning group meetings are held on a quarterly basis.
Region L Counties
The South Central Texas Regional Water Planning Area, Region L, consists of Atascosa, Bexar, Caldwell, Calhoun, Comal, DeWitt, Dimmit, Frio, Goliad, Gonzales, Guadalupe, Karnes, Kendall, La Salle, Medina, Refugio, Uvalde, Victoria, Wilson, Zavala, and part of Hays Counties.
NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING OF THE SOUTH CENTRAL TEXAS REGIONAL WATER PLANNING GROUP
TAKE NOTICE that a meeting of the South Central Texas Regional Water Planning Group as established by the Texas Water Development Board will be held on Thursday, August 2, 2018, at 9:30 AM at San Antonio Water System (SAWS), Customer Service Building, Room CR 145, 2800 US Highway 281 North, San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas. The following subjects will be considered for discussion and/or action at said meeting.
1) Public Comment
2) Approval of the Minutes from the May 3, 2018, Meeting of the South Central Texas Regional Water Planning Group (SCTRWPG)
3) Discussion and Appropriate Action Regarding the Selection of Voting Members to Fill Vacancies in Following Interest Categories: Agriculture (1), Counties (1), Industries (1), Municipalities (1), Public (1), River Authorities (1), Small Business (2), Water Districts (4, at least 1 non-groundwater district), and Water Utilities (2)
4) Discussion and Appropriate Action Authorizing the San Antonio River Authority (SARA) to Solicit Nominations to Fill Remaining Vacant SCTRWPG Voting Member Seats, and to Post Public Notice in Accordance with the SCTRWPG Bylaws
5) Status of Guadalupe, San Antonio, Mission, and Aransas Rivers and Mission, Copano, Aransas, and San Antonio Bays Basin and Bay Stakeholder Committee (BBASC) and Expert Science Team (BBEST)
6) Texas Water Development Board (TWDB) Communications
7) Chair’s Report
8) Discussion and Appropriate Action Regarding the Consultant’s Work and Schedule
9) Discussion and Appropriate Action to Amend the Adopted Population and Water Demand Projections for the 2021 South Central Texas Regional Water Plan
10) Discussion and Appropriate Action to Approve Authorizing the Technical Consultant to Address Planning Group Changes to the Draft Technical Memorandum, and to Approve Submittal of the Technical Memorandum Before the September 10, 2018 Deadline
11) Discussion and Appropriate Action Identifying Potential Water Management Strategies
12) Possible Agenda Items for the Next Region L Meeting
13) Public Comment
Questions and requests for additional information concerning Agenda Items 9 and 10 may be submitted to Cole Ruiz, San Antonio River Authority, 100 East Guenther Street, San Antonio, TX 78204, Phone: (210) 302-3293. The SCTRWPG will accept written and oral comments regarding Agenda Items 9 and 10 at the meeting for which this notice is posted. Written comments concerning Agenda Items 9 and 10 may be submitted until close of business on August 17, 2018, to Cole Ruiz, San Antonio River Authority, 100 East Guenther Street, San Antonio, TX 78204, or by email: email@example.com.